Thursday, June 21, 2012

Group Leadership Project - Final


What tool did your group use to deliver the PD tutorial?  Why?

My group members and I chose to deliver our PD tutorial through Camstasia.  None of us had any experience with Camstasia, but we had seen excellently produced videos posted online, and I had viewed lessons that teachers had presented to students using Camtasia and was impressed.  We decided to expand our horizons and learn/use a new tool!

What did you learn during the development process of the final product?

Getting all four parts of the presentation to mesh together was difficult.  Lisa volunteered to put our final presentation together.  It seemed as easy as emailing the presentation we each created individually.  However, mine would not export from Camtasia to ScreenCast properly.  I had to save the project to my computer and upload to ScreenCast.  Then when I tried to share it with Lisa so she could add it to our final product, that would not work either!  I wound up having to give Lisa my username and password into ScreenCast so she had access to it.  This also happened with one of our other group members, so at least I wasn't alone in my struggles!

What would you do differently if you had to develop a similar product again?

I think that if I had to develop a similar product again, I would use a tool that I already knew so there may be less technical difficulty.  I would also give more thought to what I wanted to teach to others.  In my mind as we were in our first collaboration meeting, I thought that teaching Blogger would be a simple task.  I was wrong.  There is so much to Blogger, and I had to be really careful to make sure that I was delivering each step with clarity.  I think it would be much different teaching this face-to-face with students, but it helped give me some insight as to how to help teachers produce tutorials for their students for next year.

Below is the video of our Blogger PD tutorial.

      


No comments:

Post a Comment