Friday, June 1, 2012

Web Conferencing

How did the web-conferencing go?

I found the web-conference to be very useful and productive.  We were able to collaborate in real time and not have to go through email after email.  I really liked being able to chat with each member of my group and work together online.  

What software did you use?

My group used Vyew.  This was my first experience using any kind of web-conferencing tool outside of what I have experienced in class with Adobe.  I really liked using this tool because I could interact with multiple people at the same time.  

What would you do differently next time?

The biggest change I would make for using this tool next time is turn on all mics and webcams.  I am an auditory person and really like to interact with people face-to-face.  Just reading through a chat forum is more difficult for me.
 
How might this be useful in your classroom?

I think this tool could be extremely useful for my classroom.  I am moving toward possibly flipping my classroom for the next school year, and with Vyew being a free tool I can use with my students, I can run tutoring sessions or review sessions online with those students who need the assistance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment